CBD For Neurodegeneration
Neurodegeneration is a term that refers to conditions that affect human brain neurons. Neurons are the blocks that build the nervous system and they don’t have the ability to reproduce. That means the body can’t replace neurons naturally once they are impaired. Examples of diseases that are caused by neurodegeneration include Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and Alzheimer’s disease. These diseases are incurable and they weaken patients gradually.
Treating Neurodegeneration With Cannabidiol
The promising results of the recent studies have given hope to many people that suffer from neurodegenerative conditions. Extensive research is also being conducted to enhance comprehension of the endocannabinoid system’s modulation and how it affects or change the therapeutic aid of neurodegeneration.
Recent studies have established that CBD helps in improving the symptoms of neurodegenerative conditions in the following ways:
- CBD has neuro-protective effects which help in clearing the damaged molecules and cells from the human brain.
- The endocannabinoid system’s function decreases as individual ages. This leads to age-related cognitive problems. The use of CBD can slow down the brain aging process.
- CBD has anti-inflammatory effects which help in the protection of the human brain from cognitive damage.
It’s important to note that these are findings of preliminary studies. But, it is hoped that more studies will lead to a medical breakthrough and that CBD will eventually be used to fight neurodegeneration. CBD has been used as a therapeutic therapeutic aid which alleviates symptoms of many diseases. Currently, more clinical tests and studies are being conducted to determine how medicines for neurodegenerative diseases can be developed using CBD.
Why Choose CBD For Neurodegeneration?
Currently, there are few therapies for neurodegenerative diseases. Scientists are searching for new, more effective therapeutic approaches to this problem. The early contribution of anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective strategies of CBD for neurodegenerative disorders seems desirable since most isolated therapeutic aids have not been effective. For this reason, CBD has attracted the interest of scientists despite the fact that marijuana raises ethical and practical concerns due to its potential abuse. Nevertheless, since CBD does not have the unwanted psychotropic effects, it is a promising agent that can be used as a conventional therapeutic aid for neurodegenerative diseases in the future.
Before You Buy CBD Online
If you have decided that you want to buy some type of CBD product or supplement for Neurodegeneration, please make sure that you consult with your physician and make sure he is aware that you are trying out a new alternative way of healing. While no serious side effects of CBD has been reported, at least your physician will be aware and can monitor the changes (good or bad). Also before you make your purchase, take some time to read through our product overviews here on our site to learn about all your options so that you can make an informed decision on the best CBD supplement for you.
Other resources and links
- Molecular Targets of Cannabidiol in Neurological Disorders
- CBD: A promising drug for neurodegenerative disorders?
- CBD for neurodegenerative disorders: Important new clinical applications for this phytocannabinoid?
- Transdermal delivery of cannabidiol attenuates binge alcohol-induced neurodegeneration in a rodent model of an alcohol use disorder
- Memory-rescuing effects of cannabidiol in an animal model of cognitive impairment relevant to neurodegenerative disorders
- CBD normalizes caspase 3, synaptophysin, and mitochondrial fission protein DNM1L expression levels in rats with brain iron overload: implications for neuroprotection
- Cannabidiol, neuroprotection and neuropsychiatric disorders
- Short-term effects of CBD after global hypoxia-ischemia in newborn piglets
- CBD reduces neuroinflammation and promotes neuroplasticity and functional recovery after brain ischemia
- Short-term effects of cannabidiol after global hypoxia-ischemia in newborn piglets
- CBD Activates Neuronal Precursor Genes in Human Gingival Mesenchymal Stromal Cells
- CBD reduces brain damage and improves functional recovery in a neonatal rat model of arterial ischemic stroke
- Interactions between CBD and THC following acute and repeated dosing
- CBD attenuates OGD/R-induced damage by enhancing mitochondrial bioenergetics & modulating glucose metabolism
- Neurological aspects of medical use of CBD
- Modulation of Astrocyte Activity by Cannabidiol, a Nonpsychoactive Cannabinoid