Are you looking for the best CBD solution for dealing with nausea?
No one likes to feel like they’re going to throw up, which is why many will welcome the news that they can use CBD oil for nausea.
Now, nausea is a symptom, rather than an ailment of its own. Quite simply, it’s the feeling that there is something inside you that your body is trying to reject. It serves a purpose as a survival mechanism, in that it ejects harmful toxins from the body before they get the chance to cause real damage.
This fact may lead you to believe that it’s an indispensable process that you should not try to eliminate. Shouldn’t you vomit, thereby ridding yourself of the harmful substance, rather than making the feeling go away?
Why nausea needs to be treated
The truth is that nausea is a rather crude mechanism. Simply because the body views something as harmful does not mean it is necessarily the case. Furthermore, there are more efficient ways to flush toxins from your body.
More poignantly, nausea can be a side-effect of medications which appear toxic to your body. This is especially true for cancer patients. Many cancer treatments are toxic—they need to be to destroy the cancer cells. A cancer patient could not simply throw up and get rid of that toxicity, even if it were desirable.
In addition, nausea that leads to vomiting can make it difficult for you to get fluids into your system, leading to dehydration.
All in all, while in some cases nausea is simply uncomfortable, for others it can be almost unbearable.Therefore, antiemetic drugs are widely used to try and lessen the effects of nausea.
The endocannabinoid system and nausea
A link between the endocannabinoid system and nausea has led researchers to consider the potential to use CBD oil as a treatment. Evidence indicates that the endocannabinoid system regulates nausea and vomiting in humans.
Consequently, a study found that nausea induced behavior in rats was relieved by CBD. Further research has indicated that CBD works as an antiemetic for humans as well, both alleviating the effect of nausea, as well as preventing it.
CBD vs. traditional drugs
How does CBD compare to other antiemetic drugs? It is as effective, if not more so. However, its additional effects, as well as its lack of harmful side-effects, makes it more attractive than alternatives.
CBD alleviates pain, which may also present in illnesses that cause nausea. Its rare side effects include drowsiness, dry mouth, and occasional light-headedness.
Benefits of CBD
For many, the benefits of using CBD oil to treat nausea far outweigh any negatives. It is natural, non-harmful, and can be used in the long-term with no risks. While legalities have prevented much clinical research, what has been uncovered has indicated extremely positive results.
Use CBD oil to treat nausea, no matter what its cause, without harmful side effects or any other risks.
Other resources and links
- Regulation of nausea and vomiting by cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system
- CBD, a non-psychotropic component of cannabis, attenuates vomiting and nausea-like behaviour via indirect agonism of 5-HT(1A) somatodendritic autoreceptors in the dorsal raphe nucleus
- Cannabidiolic acid prevents vomiting in Suncus murinus and nausea-induced behaviour in rats by enhancing 5-HT1Areceptor activation
- Interaction between non-psychotropic cannabinoids in marihuana: effect of cannabigerol (CBG) on the anti-nausea or anti-emetic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) in rats and shrews
- Regulation of nausea and vomiting by cannabinoids
- CBD: its synthetic dimethylheptyl homolog suppress nausea in an experimental model with rats
- Preliminary efficacy and safety of an oromucosal standardized cannabis extract in chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
- Effect of combined oral doses of THC & CBDA on acute and anticipatory nausea in rat models